The second iteration of Generator’s Artist Producer Training (APT) initiative began in October 2016, and will be complete in spring 2017.
APT participants in this second round are studying and practicing within a wide range of subjects. For example, the following is the list of the focus for the first stage of classes (October-November 2016):
- FIELD TRIP to see LITMUS THEATRE’s Brave New World
- Budgets – Naomi Campbell (Luminato Festival)
- Information Management – Katie Leamen (Generator)
- Production Management – Pip Bradford (Freelance PM and The Bellows organizer)
- Grantwriting – Shira Leuchter, Chris Hanratty (UnSpun Theatre)
- Social Design – Michael Wheeler (Generator)
- Case Study: Litmus Theatre – Matthew Thomas Walker, Adriano Sobretodo Jr., Claire Wynveen
- FIELD TRIP: AHURI THEATRE’S This is the Point
- Grantwriting – Pat Bradley (Ontario Arts Council) & Leah-Simone Bowen (Toronto Arts Council)
Current information about the Artist Producer Training initiative at Generator can be found at http://generatorto.com/#/artistproducer-training-program/
More information will be shared as this session continues.